By John M. Logsdon
Read or Download After Apollo?: Richard Nixon and the American Space Program (Palgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology) PDF
Best astronomy books
1. 1. venture historical past The medical target of this magnetospheric physics project used to be a close in vestigation of the Aurora Borealis, or 'Northern Lights'. The fields experiments (electric and magnetic) have been developed by way of the collage of California at Berke ley (UCB), and la (UCLA) respectively.
This booklet publications readers (astronomers, physicists, and collage scholars) via significant questions of sensible Cosmology, a time period utilized by the overdue Allan Sandage to indicate the trendy medical undertaking to discover the cosmological version top describing the universe of galaxies, its geometry, measurement, age, and subject composition.
This sixth version of “Tools of Radio Astronomy”, the main used introductory textual content in radio astronomy, has been revised to mirror the present nation of this significant department of astronomy. This comprises using satellites, low radio frequencies, the millimeter/sub-mm universe, the Cosmic Microwave history and the elevated value of mm/sub-mm dirt emission.
Richly illustrated and meticulously researched, American Eclipse ultimately depicts a tender country that seemed to the skies to bare its towering ambition and divulge its latent genius. On a hot July afternoon in 1878, at the sunrise of the Gilded Age, the moon’s shadow descended at the American West, darkening skies from Montana Territory to Texas.
- The Mars Plasma Environment
- Dune Worlds: How Windblown Sand Shapes Planetary Landscapes (Springer Praxis Books)
- Raum und Zeit: Vom Weltall zu den Extradimensionen - von der Sanduhr zum Spinschaum (Astrophysik aktuell) (German Edition)
- Galileo and 400 Years of Telescopic Astronomy (Astronomers' Universe)
- How does the Galaxy work?: A Galactic Tertulia with Don Cox and Ron Reynolds: 315 (Astrophysics and Space Science Library)
- Under Desert Skies: How Tucson Mapped the Way to the Moon and Planets (Sentinel Peak Books)
Additional resources for After Apollo?: Richard Nixon and the American Space Program (Palgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology)
After Apollo?: Richard Nixon and the American Space Program (Palgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology) by John M. Logsdon